Closet Case Vintage S/S Lookbook 2011 featuring Natalie Prass

by Carmen on March 28, 2011 · 63 comments

in CCV on etsy.com,Closet Case Vintage,Closet Case Vintage at Katy K's Ranch Dressing,lookbook,nashville darlings,Styling by Carmen Jaudon

Closet Case Vintage presents the Spring/Summer 2011 Lookbook featuring Natalie Prass!

In celebration of it’s release, we are giving away a $200 gift certificate to be used in the Etsy shop!*

How to enter:
1. Watch the CCV S/S 2011 Lookbook video and view the photos below
2. Comment on this blog post about your favorite outfit from the CCV S/S 2011 Lookbook and where you’d wear it. Be creative, as the comment I believe to be the funniest/sweetest/most touching/scariest/YOU NAME IT story of where the goods will be worn will win!

The winner of the $200 gift certificate will be chosen and announced on Monday, April 4th**********International entrees are welcome and all of the gifts will be shipped for free!**********

Good luck!

1950’s Capped Sleeve Party Dress
, Bridal Bouquet by Meadowbelle Market

1930’s Pink Dress, 1990’s Striped Shorts, 1960’s Pale Yellow Dress

1950’s Chartreuse and White Striped Dress
, Edwardian Victorian Pale Blue Maxi Dress

1960’s Play Set, 1940’s Play Suit, 1970’s Hot Pants Set

1930’s Overalls with a 1940’s Crop Top, 1950’s White Blouse with a 1950’s Skirt, 1900’s Cotton Dress with a 1940’s Levi Big E Denim Jacket

1940’s Watermelon Top
, 1950’s Blouse with a 1950’s Seersucker Skirt

1950’s Rose Print Party Dress
, 1970’s Top and Bell Bottoms

1930’s Floral Dress
, 1940’s Pink Blouse with a 1970’s Paisley Skirt

1950’s Lavender Berry Hat
, 1940’s White Blouse, 1940’s Playsuit Bloomers

1950’s Angora Sweater
over a 1950’s Novelty Printed Cotton Dress

1940’s Blouse, 1970’s Paisley Skirt, 1970’s Spectator Pumps

1930’s Little Boy Pajamas

1930’s Floral Cotton Dress

1940’s Red Hat, 1960’s Abercrombie & Fitch Bathing Suit, 1940’s Angora and Ostrich Feather Hat, 1950’s Gabar Sunsuit

All above photography by Bradley Spitzer

Closet Case Vintage S/S 2011 Lookbook «
April 4, 2011 at 4:02 am
The Winner Is… ↝ Closet Case Vintage
April 6, 2011 at 5:16 pm
CCV Does Weddings ↝ Closet Case Vintage
August 2, 2011 at 7:05 pm
The Day Anthropologie Ripped Me Off (Not To Be Confused With The Day Jeffrey Campbell Ripped Me Off) ↝ Closet Case Vintage
May 28, 2012 at 4:12 pm

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Debi April 4, 2011 at 3:07 am

These are all so beautiful! My absolute favorite is the light yellow dress with the back detail. (1930’s maxi dress)…I also really adore the 1930’s wedding dress….I would wear it to have a beautiful Scottish renewal of my vows. My husband and I met in 2003. It was love at first sight….we literally saw each other across the room and fell in love! We had a ‘surprise’ wedding for our friends in the Closters Park in NYC. It was so romantic. Then we had a follow-up wedding on the Oregon Coast for family. Now we live in Edinburgh, Scotland–both following our dreams. I would wear this to renew our vows on the top of Arthur’s Seat–a grand volcanic rock right in the heart of Edinburgh that reaches above the city. just the two of us…the beautiful dress and nature!!

Irena April 4, 2011 at 5:18 am

Dear Closet Case Vintage,

let me share my life story with you.
I come from a small country in Europe where vintage style is completely unknown. Men here use gel on their hair and wear fake diamond earrings. Women are frequently seen wearing ass-revealing mini skirts and too much eye shadow. Imagine taking a guy and a girl from my description and multiply it by 4 million; you get my country. I’ve always had a desire to look different, which is probably why I had no friends in grade school. Ever since I was in London 2 years ago, my love towards vintage started to develop. It’s like a whole new world was open for me! Vintage shops, vintage people all around, flea markets, I was in heaven!
Unfortunately there are literally no vintage shops anywhere near me, so I tought myself how to sew. My style developed rapidly. I started checking out vintage blogs and realized that by dressing vintage you can be feminine, elegant, sexy, cute and most importantly, show your personality through what you wear. Of course, my style is still developing, I’m still a vintage newbie, but I found which time period most suits me, and that is the 1950s. I wear floral rockabilly dresses with a huge petticoat underneath, seamed stockings, gloves and always a hat. I think my hat collection already has 20 pretty examples. Still growing! 🙂
I think I am the only one in my country who dresses vintage. That’s why people stare when I walk in the streets, turn their heads and wonder if I fell from Mars or escaped an old 50s Vogue. Imagine the head of Louise Brooks and copy-paste it on a 50s floral dress. Yea, that’s me 🙂 Since this is getting kind of long, I’m gonna get to my point!
So, 2 years ago I enrolled a german language summer course in Berlin where I met my boyfriend. We danced to my favourite Rollings Stones song on a boat and that’s how it all started. He lives in America and we see eachother every 6 months. Yea, it’s pretty hard. But this year we’re both finishing our schools (me statistics, he jounalism) and we’re both moving to Berlin together. Before we do I will visit him in America for the last time before we travel to our final destionation in Berlin together. So, we decided to get married. I still can’t believe we’re gonna do it. The plan is to rent a red convertible car and do a road trip to Las Vegas, where we will be married by a fake Elvis. It has always been my dream to get married in Las Vegas by a fake Elvis. I don’t know why, maybe because I’m totally goofy. So naturally I am in search for a 50s wedding dress to fulfill my dream wedding. And since, as I mentioned, I cannot get one anywhere around here, I’ve been searching around etsy for god knows how long! Until I saw your 1950s pale pink party dress! The lace, the colour, the length, perfection! I even have a perfect hat and wicker purse to go with the dress. I have it all perfectly planed in my head: the dress, the hat, Elvis and my love in the crazy Las Vegas. Now doesn’t that sound like an every girl’s dream? Which is why I need your help. I hope you enjoyed reading my story and I hope you will think that it’s the funniest/scariest/cutest of all! 🙂 I love your new Lookbook and I’m glad you find all these amazing vintage clothes! Thank you for doing such a great job!

Yours sincerely,

Irena

P.S. if you pick my story, do I get the have a kitty? 🙂 I loooove kitties!!!

Carys April 4, 2011 at 5:29 am

It is all so beautiful, this is possibly the best collection of vintage I’ve ever seen! I would pick this one: ‘1950’s Pale Pink Party Dress’, and I would wear it to school to cheer me up during exam time by pretending I’m a princess! And I would of course copy the Lookbook and make sure I was always holding adorable kittens.
From Carys of La Ville Inconnue

Laura April 4, 2011 at 12:34 pm

I would wear the 1960s pale yellow dress.
It would be a sunny spring day with a cool breeze. The flowers beautifully dancing in the wind along with the skirt of my dress. I will be standing among a field of tiny little yellow flowers. A white hat on my head. I’m taking pictures of the field, of the beauty of the day, when through the lenses of my camera I see a figure approaching. I cannot see features, but the breeze brings to me a fresh scent, different from the scent of the flowers. I stand there perplexed, the figure continues walking. It is he. The man that I had never seen and only met in my dreams. His face seemed familiar, his smile warm. His hair glistened under the sunlight, bright like the yellow of my dress. And as he came close to hold my hand, I knew then that is was him–the one and only, the one of my dreams.
And we lay on the field, looking at the clouds, snapping pictures of each other before the morning came, and I had to wake up again.

Chelsee April 4, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I love my sisters so very much. They are my best friends and I cannot imagine life without them. That said, my younger sister and I, though 8 years apart in age, are very similar: we’re funny, laid-back, and patient. Smack in the middle of us — four years my younger and four her senior — is our middle sister: aside from the fact that we all look like slightly different variations of our mother, she couldn’t be less like us. Our lovely middle sister is, how should I put this, high-matience and high-strung. As well intentioned as she may be, nothing is every simple or easy when she’s involved. Nothing. (Examples — on road trips growing up, she demanded on having the prized middle seat of the car. At all times. For the entire 14 hour drive to my grandmother’s house. This would make sense if she were 6′ tall like my baby sister or, perhaps, 5′ 10″ like me. But no. She’s 5′ 6″ with heels and slight in frame — a size 0 — unlike me – Size 14 – and my younger sister, size 12. We didn’t fight her on this. You can’t really fight with her about anything. It’s best to keep her happy) .

So, here comes the story and how your Crepe 1930s wedding dress could save me: in August 2012, my gorgeous, loving, yet primadonna sister is getting married. No, no — the dress is not for her. She wouldn’t consider wearing a wedding dress that was used — there are many “nevers” or “absolutely nots” in her world. Nope, the “wedding dress” would be for me, her bridesmaid. Yup. The whole wedding is white and cream with hints of green. Including my dress. Right next to hers. White or cream. Must be silk or rayon. No ifs ands or buts. So, unlike her, I live, breathe, and dream in vintage. This dress would save me, and her, from her and her worries and anxieties about her wedding that is more than 400 days away.

Stéphanie April 7, 2011 at 8:22 am

Fantastic !

Marianne April 10, 2011 at 4:21 am

I wouldn’t know where to begin with picking my favourite item here, so I will just wish everyone else good luck with their entries! I just wanted to say I love the pics and film here, so much work clearly went into it and it really paid off, as it looks just amazing. x

Lisa from Have Pitty April 13, 2011 at 10:04 am

I am a designer and love Vintage, sell it on line as well, I thought the movie and pictures were fabulous! I know it is work just to showcase something on line so to make the movie, well it looked fun too. I love the house where the movie was filmed, the backgrounds it created was so esthetically pleasing and exciting. In a nutshell, I loved it!
My favorite dress is the 1930s long rose one that is worn while the girl uses a duster on the walls in a hall of the house, I tried to buy it and its sold! Rats! It is my favorite, and I would have worn it to one of my shows. I make Vintage Military jackets that are hip and cool like you would see on the Burberry Prorsum runway, only mine are all vintage- and I sell them at outdoor antique shows- I would wear it there, to make a statement and I would wear it to the Opera, I am going to see la boeme.