Closet Case Vintage Fall/Winter 2011 Lookbook Starring Laura Kirkpatrick and Nikki lane

by Carmen on October 3, 2011 · 33 comments

in Closet Case Video Series,Closet Case Vintage,inspiration,lookbook,Models,nashville darlings,Parties,Photography,Styling by Carmen Jaudon,videography

Closet Case Vintage presents the Fall/Winter 2011 Lookbook starring Laura Kirkpatrick and Nikki Lane!

In celebration of it’s release, we are giving away a $200 gift certificate to be used in the Etsy shop!*

How to enter:
1. Watch the CCV F/W 2011 Lookbook video and view the photos below
2. Comment on this blog post about your favorite outfit from the CCV F/W 2011 Lookbook and where you’d wear it. Be creative, as the comment I believe to be the funniest/sweetest/most touching/scariest/YOU NAME IT story of where the goods will be worn will win!

The winner of the $200 gift certificate will be chosen and announced on Tuesday, October 11th, 2011 **********International entrees are welcome!**********

Good luck!

Laura wears an Afghan Duster,
1960′s Big E Denim Cut Offs. Nikki wears the 1980′s Body Con and 1990′s Duster

Nikki wears the 1980′s Body Con and 1990′s Duster
Laura wears an Afghan Duster, 1960′s Big E Denim Cut Offs, 1970′s Platforms

Nikki wears the 1980′s Body Con and 1990′s Duster
Laura wears an Afghan Duster, 1960′s Big E Denim Cut Offs, 1970′s Platforms

Laura wears a 1970′s Metallic Chevron One Shoulder Dress and 1970′s Platforms. Nikki wears a 1990′s Crochet Dress

Nikki wears the 1980′s Body Con and 1990′s Duster. Laura wears an Afghan Duster, 1960′s Big E Denim Cut Offs, 1970′s Platforms

Nikki wears 1970′s Organically Grown Jeans. Laura wears a 1950′s Plaid Shirt, 1960′s Embroidered Bell Bottoms, 1970′s Platforms

Laura wears a 1950′s Plaid Shirt, 1960′s Embroidered Bell Bottoms, 1970′s Platforms, 1960′s Fur Hat. Nikki wears a 1930′s Hungarian Embroidered Blouse, 1970′s Organically Grown Jeans, 1960′s Deerskin Fringe Jacket

Laura wears a 1950′s Plaid Shirt, 1960′s Embroidered Bell Bottoms, 1960′s Fur Hat. Nikki wears a 1930′s Hungarian Embroidered Blouse, 1970′s Organically Grown Jeans

Nikki wears a 1920′s Fringe Maxi Dress, 1980′s Peach Duster Jacket. Laura wears a 1990′s Blue Velvet Maxi Dress, 1940′s Mink Fur Stole, 1920′s Deco Necklace, 1970′s Platforms
Nikki wears a 1920′s Fringe Maxi Dress, 1980′s Peach Duster Jacket

Nikki wears a 1920′s Fringe Maxi Dress
Laura wears a 1990′s Blue Velvet Maxi Dress, 1920′s Deco Necklace, 1970′s Platforms

Nikki wears a 1970′s Cropped Leather jacket, Laura wears a 1950′s Mink Coat

Laura wears a 1950′s Autumn Party Dress, Nikki wears a 1950′s Newspaper Print Blouse and 1950′s Red Ribbon Circle Skirt

Annaliese

Wardrobe

Fellas

Kate and Rachel on top

Kate and Rachel on bottom

“Hey there good lookin’” says kitty.

Hey there Matt Davey

Party.

Babes in CCV

The South.

The lovely Lederach

Greg’s stuff.

Patti and Nichole wear CCV

Nathan and Danelle

Shred

Rodger and Lesli

Boy bums.

Favorite

Novelty

Sneak

Nikki wears a 1980′s Sequin Dress, 1980′s Rabbit Fur Cropped Jacket. Laura wears a 1980′s Bejeweled Body Con Dress, 1980′s White Sequin Hat

Goodnight and good luck.

Sam Wilson
Sara Lederach
Sherita Leslie
Sleepy Eyes
Tyler Middleton
Zac Slater

Special thanks to Annabelle, Debbie Melton, Greg Thornton, Katy Kattelman, Springwater Supper Club, Rachel Briggs, Robert’s Western World

{ 3 trackbacks }

Closet Case Vintage fall/winter 2011 lookbook « steve cross loves music and science
October 4, 2011 at 10:56 am
Closet Case Vintage – Check ‘em out! | Laura's Model Life
October 10, 2011 at 8:56 am
The Winner ↝ Closet Case Vintage
October 11, 2011 at 10:08 pm

{ 30 comments… read them below or add one }

Lauren October 4, 2011 at 9:00 am

hahaha oh man… i definitely have that embroidered crop top – http://www.flickr.com/photos/lladybird/5818010717/!! and i saw another one being worn by a prostitute in the devil’s rejects. forreal, what is up with that shirt? it keeps following meeeeee.

i need those organically grown jeans. so i can wear them with my crop top, natch.

Carmen October 4, 2011 at 9:03 am

Lauren, I became so obsessed with those blouses after seeing yours that I bought TWO. So. Thank you, LT xoxo

Jenny October 4, 2011 at 10:29 am

I love the 90s duster. truth be told, I’d probably wear it every day and most likely insist to be buried in it. I love it over the body con with those boots. I’m in love.

Carmen October 5, 2011 at 2:24 pm

xo

nickypatips October 4, 2011 at 11:35 am

oh. witty? um well i don’t care about winning. i just want a) the bianca jagger chevron dress, b) legs like nikki, c) plaid shirt, d) embroidered blouse and e) hipster kitty!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE . ps the patti and nichole shot of the gal in a leaopard cropped halter…ummmm, i have something like that from my aunt, all leather, thick sticking around edges, very sacajawea meets studio 54. makes me look super booby. awesome. love. keep up the phenomenal work ladies!!!! xoxo nickypatips.

Carmen October 5, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Super booby is always the best :)

page October 4, 2011 at 12:56 pm

i love the western boy jeans!! i’d wear them with a prairie top with lace collars :) thanks so much!!! love this post :)
page

Carmen October 5, 2011 at 2:24 pm

They are the most perfect, worn-in jeans I think I’ve ever seen! Thank you for entering! xo

virginia October 4, 2011 at 10:37 pm

Love the new lookbook! I need to start shopping… I really like the blue velvet dress!

Carmen October 5, 2011 at 2:23 pm

Thank you! <3

Alexandra O'Steen October 5, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Awesome! Well I love the 1990′s duster and the Afghan duster. I would definitely want the duster to be the highlight of my outfit so I would wear them with a plain, solid color dress or t-shirt, and heels for a night on the town with my friends, to brunch, on a plane somewhere to arrive looking comfy and stylish, or just to class….not to dressy, not too casual, but always the best dressed.
My absolute favorite is the 1920′s fringe dress paired with the peach jacket, as black is my best color and 20′s is my favorite style. I would wear this to have drinks, dinner, to a party, a wedding, and for the apocalypse.

Carmen October 9, 2011 at 8:19 pm

bahaha the apocalypse!! xo

Jessica October 7, 2011 at 9:31 am

I am in love with that gorgeous 1920s cobalt and silver necklace. I’d wear it with the 20s crepe flapper dress to bed each night, where I would float away into dreams of the golden twenties. In one I’d dance with Jay Gatsby, in another I’d meet Breton, Dalí and Buñuel and tell them that I was a dreamer from the future, but they’d think I was totally normal.

Love the lookbook!
Jessica xx

Carmen October 9, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Thank you for entering, Jessica! xo

Haylee October 7, 2011 at 4:01 pm

AWESOME Lookbook! I am craving the afghan duster. I would wear it proud for my winter in Chicago and always drink a pony lite with a toast to CCV! Y’all rock. Keep up the great work…

Carmen October 9, 2011 at 8:21 pm

I was very happy to buy Laura’s first pony in the video, haha! Thank you for entering!

Emily, Ruby Slipper Journeys October 9, 2011 at 4:42 am

The 90s velvet maxi dress, and I’d wear it not only to the party, but the next morning on an emergency run to the shop for orange juice and chocolate croissants. I think debuchery should always be carried over to the next day!

Carmen October 9, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Debauchery DAYS ON END!

Alethea October 9, 2011 at 9:53 am

Oh doggy. I live in southern New Mexico and the county fair is in town. It is chilly and dusty… goddammit, I would wear the afghan duster and let it blow in the wind amongst the vendors and screaming children. It would protect my legs from dust and chills. Then, I would take it on the Ferris wheel to air it out and let it see new heights with me. Yes, I think we would bond and honor one another.

Gorgeous shoot, by the by

ashley October 9, 2011 at 11:02 am

I reeeeeeally want the 90′s crochet dress that Nikki wears in the fitting room scene/shots. I am a short gal, and used to have a phobia of long dresses but now i’ve overcome that fear and am crazy about them! I have two and the 90′s dress would bring my collection to an aesthetically pleasing three. To be honest, I might wear it a few days in a row because intense when it comes to new purchases. I have to wear them every way i can imagine as soon as i can so that the garment knows how much i love it. hmmm, that makes me sound strange…

Becky October 9, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Love the looks, love the style of it all, love the realization that I’m slack-jawed and drooling over these items. Plaid shirts are like Pokemon for me…gotta catch ‘em all! Some of my fav shirts are the pre-loved ones my parents wore in the 70s/80s and have become mine by piracy. I’d love to have the organic jeans to wear next time I plan a raid on their closets, though! Talk about good booty. :)

Lauren Helen October 9, 2011 at 9:37 pm

Where do you always find all of these amazing clothes and so many beautiful girls to show them off? If the vintage-shopping in my town was even a quarter decent (WHAT kind of person considers a three-year-old American Eagle t shirt VINTAGE? Look no further than northern Ontario…), I wouldn’t have to spend so much time sucking up to you every time you put out a lookbook!

I’m going to be honest, what stole my heart first was the patchwork duster/dress, because before I saw this lookbook, I’d never HEARD of a duster, and I fell head-over-heels. I would put it over EVERYTHING. Some wedges, high-waisted jean shorts and a black top, or a little black dress, or a little red dress… my friends would be embarrassed by me because I would wear it so often and with so many things (not that they aren’t already often embarrassed by me… I’ve worn skirts with fruit printed on it to school, where nobody wears anything quirky, bright, and most people would die before wearing a maxi skirt).

But since at this point it is reserved, I had to rethink. The next best thing would be the 50s newspaper shirt. I DIE. (I was about to say that I would marry and have children with the designer of the shirt because I love them so much, but then realized that would be gross because they would be really old. It’s a good thing this isn’t a video contest – writing stuff down gives me a chance to filter.)

It is actually so cool though – I would wake up in the morning and read the paper with a cup of tea, then put on my newspaper with a cute skirt (I envision black or something really bright, probably because the skirt it was paired with in the lookbook was red and I really like that idea – and the skirt.) and a pair of flats (more school-appropriate, though wearing a newspaper shirt will probably get some looks anyways).

The newspaper shirt would be another WTF item to add to my collection! I love quirky clothing so much, and because I live in a town with an even mix of preps and hicks, nobody really wears interesting clothes, so when I go out I get a lot of looks. Usually when I can’t tell whether they are jealous of my clothes or wondering “WTF?”, I name it a “WTF item”.

Wow, I can really drag this out! Sorry these always turn out so long – I just go off the top of my head like I’m having a conversation and I end up rambling. Thanks for the contest! <3

Briana October 10, 2011 at 8:55 am

I really appreciate that fact that every one of your Lookbooks have a different theme, a completely different aire, yet bring together so many various outfits. Nice job! :)

In terms of your contest, that little plaid number whispers to make a story out of it. The lines are classic, yet begging to be worn loud in colour. I could also see it being a good seasonally transitional piece (to wear as is for warmer weather, or throwing a complimentary shirt underneath for cooler temperatures). As for the story……one hip chic walks slinkily down the street bedecked in plaid splendour, with a black turtleneck reminiscent of a Beatnik protecting her neck from the fall wind. Playful patterned tights give way to sky-high platform booties (ala Closet Case Vintage’s FW 2011). She sashays her way into the local coffee shop, tosses her 80s-style white sequined hat onto the table, and winks coyily at the barista. “I’ll take a soy chai tea latte. Better make that without water, makes for a richer flavour.” Who says the Brits get to have all the fun with plaid? Viva la Nashville!

Even past that I am enamoured with the cream 1960s cream maxi dress in your Etsy shop (and it’s my size to boot!). It begs for a story too, but I’ll save that for another blog-commenting day. :)

Kate October 10, 2011 at 11:04 am

Give me that white crochet dress so i can wear it to my wedding on saturday!!!

but seriosuly, as a mama of twins, i love that i feel like i could still wear all off these looks and not look like a skank. that’s pretty important to me. those organically grown jeans with that blouse-i mean… that says milf right there. i want it. i want to be in it. i need it.

Kate October 10, 2011 at 11:05 am

oh. and that kelsey bridges sure looks cute in ccv.

Alyn Rae October 10, 2011 at 12:17 pm

Carmen – this look book is out of control!!! Every piece of it screams “RAD”!! I don’t think I can pick one favorite – they all make me want to get naked in a parking lot! I would carry it all in my car with me too so I could presto-chango my outfit instantly. And heck – if I’m gonna get naked in public, I would have no problem wearing those outstanding Levi’s cuttofs with the frayed bottom. Who cares if my a#* hung out a little!!!!

Great Job!!

Veronica October 10, 2011 at 1:36 pm

First off, props for using one of the most awesome Ty Segall songs ever in the video.

Secondly, can I just wear every outfit together in some crazy combination? I’d be prepared for whatever things life throws me. Fun things, mostly. Call me a Girl Scout, but it’s good to always be prepared, right?

In all seriousness, I think I want to wear that blue velvet maxi dress the most with delicate little gold chains and a golden velvet turban, then I want to switch bodies with Laura Kirkpatrick for the day and have a music video montage of my own. Yeah. Seriously.

Ellen S. October 10, 2011 at 9:53 pm

The night began at my house. But as is true for the best of nights, it didn’t end there. As usual, my friends poked fun at my outfit from the moment they walked in the door. I didn’t blame them. My Organically Grown jeans, Newspaper shirt, and deerskin jacket simply was not in sync with their skinny jean and hoodie ensembles. (Little did they know that later in the night they would regret their ignorance of interesting clothing) We did as we usually did, watching movies (a Quentin Tarantino marathon, to be exact), and eating far too many Doritos and Jalapeno Poppers. The guys called, which was unexpected. Were they not usually engrossed in their cheap vodka and Call of Duty by now? Tonight, it turned out, was different. They were itching for adventure, just as we were. But what to do? We had heard of the rope swing where the college students went skinny dipping. We decided that this, and a call to some over 21 friends, would more than satisfy our need for adventure.
Fast forward to about 2 hours from then, about 2 AM. We had found the spot they spoke of, after quite some driving around and numerous swear words. We hadn’t gotten hold of our older friends, but decided that this was probably better, considering the drive. We had ripped our clothes off, dived into dark and icy water, and proceeded to swim for a good hour, giggling at how lame we must be, to find this so fun. And now we were silently heading home, no longer giggling.
The thing that we did not know about this particular swimming spot was that it is also notorious for getting clothes stolen while kids are swimming. So here we were, jam packed into a car and attempting to shield our naked bodies from the sight of the opposite gender. Everyone except me, that is. Apparently thieves do not agree with my taste for high waisted jeans and deerskin fringe.

Sadie Drescher October 10, 2011 at 10:49 pm

1950′s Newspaper Print Blouse, 1960′s Big E Denim Cut Offs 1970′s Platforms. It’s snowing outside, it’s in the middle of a ski slope. I am sitting between two moguls, and a layer of frost is covering every inch of my purple skin. I am barely shivering because the cold air is so intoxicatingly deadly that I think I am in a fairytale. I skip over the moguls and dance into some trees. My newspaper print blouse crackles slightly, and turns into a solid coat of armor that protects me from the fierce twigs and biting snowflakes. My feet are warm, tucked into my 70′s platforms, and I am invincible.

mousevox vintage October 11, 2011 at 12:14 pm

the 1920′s fringe maxi dress embodies everything about a dress that i love. it’s black, it’s versatile (fringe can be worn EVERYWHERE!) and it’s long. i’d probably style it up with my black turban, black platforms and just to be completely over the top about it, my 1920′s black fringe jacket. i’d where it to the grocery store, wine tasting, out for drinks with my lady friends or use it as a means to lure the boyfriend into taking me somewhere completely fancy for a date. fringe is powerful like that.